SEO is important for your website. Without SEO your site will miss the opportunity of being viewed by internet users. The following takes a look at why SEO is important?
The Reason to Have a Website
Think about the reason to have a website. It is simple; to attract visitors, advertise your product and to make a profit. Now think about what would happen if your site had no visitors. Then there would be no reason to have a website, and all your time and effort would be lost.
SEO and Your Website
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) increases the search engine ranking of a website, which in turn increases visitor traffic. You may think that your site generates enough visitor traffic and revenue. However, what would happen if a search engine (such as Google, Yahoo or MSN) did not rank your site in its search results. If you ignore SEO the chances are that your site will not be ranked in search engine results.
The Importance of SEO
Search engines are able to find sites that have been adapted or designed for SEO. This is because their “spiders” or “crawlers” are able to “crawl” through the website text. If the text relates to the user’s search then it will be ranked in the search engine results. Good SEO sites create a strong web for the “spiders” to “crawl” through. Without SEO the “spiders” will “crawl” past your site.
If you do not make your site SEO friendly then:
- “Spiders” will move past your site.
- It might not be ranked at all.
- It will not have the opportunity to rank high in search engine results.
- Internet users will not find your site easily.
- User or viewer traffic will be low.
- It will not attract many advertisers.
- Your site will not make a lot of revenue.
- Your site will become tangled in the web.
- Your site will be lost in the web.
- There will be no point of having a website.
SEO is Important
Without SEO your site will be ignored by “spider bots”. If your site is ignored by the “spider bots” it decreases user traffic and profit. SEO is important for your website as it creates an opportunity for sites to be:
- Viewed by users
Your site will rank higher in the search engine results if:
- The site is designed for SEO
- The site has good SEO content
- The site has good internal links
- The site has good external links
Taking Advantage of SEO Importance
Once you know that SEO is important for your website, it is important to adapt or design your site for SEO. This will help your site to:
- Be searched by “spiders” and “crawlers”
- Rank higher on search results
- Attract more user traffic
- Attract advertisers
- Make a profit
- Have a purpose
Search Engine Optimization is important for websites. Failing to adapt or design a site for SEO can hinder the success of a website